Like many people, I go through seasons of strict dedication to health and exercise… and then I some how tend to fall off the wagon, HARD. Luckily, for the most part, our family eats pretty healthy 85% of the time, and the other 15% is pizza and french fries, YUM I know! As of right now, after our crazy holiday binge, I’m focusing on better eating habits and regular exercise. And for me, exercise helps my moods tremendously and I’m a much happier wife and mom when I can get a 30 min sweat sesh in at least 3 times a week, it’s like an anti-depressant for this momma!
I was introduced to Buti Yoga almost 2 years ago by my good friend Leanne. And yes, I did just say BUTI YOGA! If you don’t know what it is, or haven’t heard of it, I highly recommend you check it out. You can find more info on it here. It’s a combination of yoga, plyometrics and tribal dance, it’s incredibly fun and an amazing workout. The founder, Bizzie Gold, is some what of a genius in my eyes. She not only created this insane workout, but also an incredible community of women who get to shake their booties together and build each other up. The class is a space where you can go free your mind and shake it out with out passing judgment, while reaping the benefits of moving your hips and learning how to twerk. FOR REAL! (By the way, I just had a birthday and 12 of us girls went out to dinner, we had our own private room and after dinner we were able to break the table up and turn our dinner party into a dance party! You better believe we had some Buti Yoga tribal shaking going on in there!) Bizzie has also trained celebrities and is educated in nutrition. She came out with Golden Ratio Protein, it’s dairy and grain free, packed with collagen and HEALTHY protein… And it actually tastes really good. I usually make my smoothies two or three ways, but one morning when I was out of my typical ingredients, I had to substitute and this is what I created!
P.S. I never measure anything, so I will give you a rough estimate of the amounts I use 🙂
Chocolate Covered Strawberry
- 2 scoops Golden Ratio chocolate protein
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1 cup coconut water
**Optional** I always add some sort of healthy fat to my smoothies, whether it’s cashews, almond butter or macadamia nuts. I add about 1 tablespoon of almond butter to this recipe
You also may need to add a little bit if water or your choice of liquid to this if it’s too thick.
Blend all together in your blender (we are HUGE fans of the Blend Tec) and VIOALA!
You can also add some cacao nibs in top if you’re feeing extra sweet, but I don’t like super sweet smoothies and the almond butter knocks down that sweetness, so I don’t top mine.
I hope you get the chance to try out this recipe!