We made it! Hello Friday, goodbye crazy week of sick people in my house. I just gotta be honest, this blogging thing is NOT easy. I know sometimes bloggers are viewed as ridiculous and “it can’t be that hard to talk about yourself” blah blah blah, but it’s so much more than that! I view blogging as a creative outlet/way to not only express yourself, but to share tips, tricks and anything else with an audience (mostly of mom’s and women) who enjoy getting ideas from other women. Am I right?! Before I decided to create blog, I didn’t really understand it myself, but what a whole new world I’ve discovered! Connecting and supporting other women is so amazing, uplifting and rewarding. I guess what I’m trying to say is even though this is a chosen ‘hobby career’, it’s still hard juggling running a home, being a mom, wife, taxi, counselor, chef, nanny, sex machine for my husband (haha ya right!), hairstylist, AND blogging at the same time. Do ya feel me?! My new approach to blogging is in between “when I have time” and “a few times week”, which means I’m a complete unorganized mess and I can usually spit out something once a week (if I’m lucky!). Hang in there with me, one of these days I’ll actually be able to put the time and energy into my blog that I so desperately want, and focus on helping other women try new things, buy new things, and feel better about themselves.
Friday Favorites don’t/won’t show up every week right now, but at some point you better believe it will! I’ll be sharing some favorite things that I’ve recently discovered and some that I can’t wait to try, buy, read and wear….this week these are my faves:
- GOOP- I seriously can’t get enough if this book! Gwyneth Paltrow and her GOOP team share many tips on healthier options for your body, home and some super yummy recipes. This book is so informative on what we’re putting into our bodies and how it affects us from the inside out. This is a MUST read. But I warn you, you might be rummaging through your kitchen and bathroom essentials tossing just about everything out, my family think I’m NUTS 🙂 This cookbook from Gwyneth also has mostly clean and super simple meals also.
- SPARKLING GEMS- If you’re a devotional lover, this is SO good. Rick Renner goes into detail breaking down specific scriptures into the Greek (the language most of the bible was written in) definition and helps us understand just exactly what that verse means and how we can apply it to our lives. I can’t put this book down! You can find it here
- VALENTINES EVERYTHING!– If you follow me in IG you might see that I am so in love with Valentines Day….and I don’t mind dressing the part! I found this sweatshirt that’s so cozy and comfy, along with this one and this tee is SO cute! They also have cute matching tops for the little ones, like this one. Also, Target has the CUTEST Valentines decor and goodies! Check it all out here.
- DENIM LOVE- We can’t have too many jeans right?! Even though I have 1,287 pairs, I still have my go to faves. These, these, these, and these are always on rotate!
- BOOTIE-LISCOUS- Can’t stop, won’t stop bootie shopping! These and these are my some of my faves. I’m craving these and even though these aren’t booties, I NEED them! I just bought these for spring and can’t wait to wear them, they are SO comfy
- SPRING FEVER- Every year after Christmas I get serious spring fever! I recently purchased this dress and it’s sooo cute on. I’m currently coveting this, this, and this one too!
My favorite #momlife moments right now are Austins (sometimes not to appropriate) jokes, Hudson’s silly choice of words like “you’re a clever bunny” and telling Grayson in the bathroom “let me know when you’re done and I’ll wipe your butt, ok?”, EllaBleu’s courage, fierceness and constant interest in trying new things like sports, and Grayson’s passion for mountain biking. This weekend we’re heading to the valley for monster trucks and family time. What are your plans for the weekend?
You can shop all of my current faves by clicking the links above or clicking pictures below 😉