I frequently get asked what products I use for my complexion. I’m always surprised at this question because I feel like my skin could be SO MUCH BETTER! But one friend told me to just say “THANK YOU” when I receive a compliment instead of “REALLY?!!” I don’t know why compliments make me so uncomfortable, but they do! Any who, my bestest in the westest Jennie, mentioned she would love to read about my skin care routine, so this ones for you sista.
I’m a sucker for trying new products and anti-aging ones always get me, but it doesn’t mean they’re good for my skin. The anti-aging products are typically very hydrating and I have combination skin with that dumb T- Zone issue… Why can’t I just have either oily or dry skin?! My life would be so much easier…I also have really sensitive skin, so with this and combination skin, it’s been hard to nail down a good regimen or skin care line that works for me. Annoying I know. So here’s my current routine… And I say current because it’s subject to change ANYTIME 😉
- WASH WASH WASH. I always wash my face before bed. No matter how tired I am, how late it is, or how many glasses of wine I’ve had, I never ever ever go to bed with makeup on. EVER. I use this Neutrogena oil free acne wash (the old fashion orange one) to wash my make up off. Sometimes I wear all day foundation and this face wash makes my face squeaky clean. I also ALWAYS use a washcloth to remove my makeup as well as these Almay eye makeup remover pads (the oily ones work the best for me)
- Clarisonic. I use a gentle creamy wash with my Clarisonic as well, but mostly at night. My favorite skin care line so far is Pevonia Botanica for combination skin. I also usually only use warm water to rinse my face off in the morning. I’m a strong believer that too much soap can damage your skin.
- Moisturize. I always use moisturizer. I didn’t use one for years because every one I tried broke me out like a stressed out and confused 15 year old! I use the Pevonia toner (when I remember), then I follow it up with their face cream and it’s pretty much amazing.
- Eye cream. I have been searching every where for the perfect eye cream and I haven’t quite found it. I love this wrinkle reducer eye cream by Murad, but for some reason my eye balls did NOT! I’ve been using this Lancome one lately and I like it a lot, but my eye balls are getting a little irritated from that too. UGH, the struggle is REAL!
- Minerals. I would be lying if I said I only use mineral makeup, but it is by far the best for my skin. My two favorites are Glo Minerals and Bare Minerals. I’ve used Bare Minerals (thanks to my BFF Jennie) for over 10 years and Glo Minerals (thanks to my other friend Jenny B.) for over 7. These are by far my favorite mineral makeup lines. Thanks Jennie and Jenny!
I can’t rave enough about Pevonia. I was introduced to this line when I was about 7 months pregnant with Hudson and was a walking, breathing, crying, screaming, psycho hormone. It was the perfect time to find something that my skin didn’t react badly too, because if it had, poor Matt would have gotten the blame! 😉 I love Pevonia not only because it keeps my skin feeling amazing, but it’s made up of pure essential extracts and is free from parabens, artificial colors, artificial fragrances, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Formaldehyde, alcohol, lanolin, mineral-oil, PABAs, or Urea. BELIEVE IT! You can find it in high end spas or online here.
I hope this post has been helpful and if you have any ‘must try’ products, please share them with us!