Hey guys! There have been a few new people visiting here and on my social media outlets so I thought it would be fun to share more about myself and my hubby Matt. I started this blog a little over 2 years ago and although I don’t post as often as I would like, I love having this space as a creative outlet and a way to kind of journal my thoughts and share my experiences with other women and moms.
- Matt and I met at a salon that I worked at about 7 years ago. My boss had been cutting his hair for several years and one day after he came in my boss told me was recently single ( I always mentioned how cute he was when I would see him at the salon). My response- ” Hook a sista up!” Haha, I’m not even kidding but I also didn’t think we would be married a year later! The timing wasn’t perfect on his end (he had just recently divorced and was a single dad) and I had been pretty much a single mom for about 7 years. I was at the point where I was good with never getting married again and then BAM, Matt came walking right into our lives! Someday I will write a post more about our not so perfectly perfect fairytale 😉
- I am the messiest person and SUPER scatter brained. Matt is very organized, motivated and clean. For example: it will take me 3 days to do 4 loads of laundry and it takes Matt maybe 1.5 hours. Opposites attract right?!
- We both love love love to ride our mountain bikes together. We also love frozen yogurt and traveling.
- We both love Jesus and make it a priority to look to Him for guidance. We fall short in all areas but we really strive to put God first in our relationship and our home.
- We have a covenant marriage and Arizona is one of only 3 states where you can have a covenant marriage. Basically we’re stuck with each other for LIFE! Ha! (We had our wedding ceremony in California but we were legally married in AZ a few days before because of the cov. marriage)
- Matt doesn’t drink alcohol (he just doesn’t like it) OR coffee! WHAT?! But I drink both. 😉
- Matt is 13 years older than me but he thinks I’m older than him…. and in some ways I am! My body aches all the time!
- I have two kids from my previous marriage, Matt has one and we have one together. Yep, that’s 4 kids in one house! Blended families are challenging at times but we feel so blessed to have our families together and when Hudson was born it seemed like he brought everyone closer, he’s our common denominator and cherry on top.
- Matt is from back East and I am from Phoenix. He moved to Sedona originally and when I met him I thought he might be a weird rock person ( if you know about Sedona then I’m sure you know what I’m talking about!) but he wasn’t at all! And we do weekends in Sedona very often because we love it so much… maybe that makes us both crazy rock people??
- I HATE the cold and Matt doesn’t seem to care about the weather. I’m a big baby and complain probably too often and Matt doesn’t complain ever… like ever.
Oh, one other fun fact, Matt came up with a name for my blog and he proof reads a lot of my content. We really enjoy doing this together when it works.
Thank you so much for stopping by and feel free to reach out with any questions or even just to say hi!