Picture Above: I just started reading Loving our Kids on Purpose and it is SO good. The Smart Step Mom is on my priority list because I’m a stepmom and am committed to being a good one, anything helps!
Happy Sunday! Sometimes hearing what others are reading helps me find new ‘good reads’. I love reading reviews on books, I’ve found some really good ones (and not so good ones) this way! So today I thought I would share with you some books that I have enjoyed recently and some on my list to read in the near future.
I’ve mentioned in a few posts about my love for my daily devotional, it really is one of my favorite biblical things to read. It’s called Sparkling Gems by Rick Renner and you can find it here. Every morning I get my coffee and sit in my bed with my night stand lamp on and read this. Some times I follow it up with reading my bible and some days it’s all I read. I love how Rick dissects different scriptures and then breaks them down into Greek and Hebrew (the way the bible was written) and helps explain what this passages or phrases really mean. It has opened my eyes and I’ve learned so much from this devotional. It’s basically the size of my bible, it’s really goes in depth! I’ve also just recently started reading this devotional by Joyce Meyer (Joyce is seriously my homegirl, I love EVERYTHING she writes!)
Some others that I’ve enjoyed lately are:
- Parenting From The Heights– this book is practical and so real. Matt and I read this together and really got some great advice and practical tips to use when dealing with behavior stuff with our kids. It is a must read!
- The Magnolia Story – By Chip and Joanna Gaines– it was love at first sight with these two from the first episode I watched of Fixer Upper. They are so cute tighter and have such a strong family values. I love how they share their faith in their book but also share real (and raw) stories of love, loss and failure. It is so easy to relate to them!
- Battlefield of The Mind – By Joyce Meyer – THIS BOOK! I recently went to a Joyce Meyer conference in Phoenix and bought like 8 books and a devotional, haha! I clearly can’t get enough of what she has to say. I highly recommend this book to everyone who has ever battled with negative thoughts and even depression. She gives practical tools, advice and insight, it has short chapters and it’s a really easy read.
- The Metabolic Approach to Cancer– I read almost this entire book on our way home from Colorado last summer, I couldn’t put it down. It was really informational about nutrition and cancer and they go deep into detail about the Ketogenic diet and how a high fat diet can help starve cancer cells. This book makes me want to give this diet it a try (I’m kind of a sucker for new nutritional programs!)
Books I want to Read:
- Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free– I cant wait to read this book! I’ve heard such amazing things about this!
- Running Scared– I’ve dealt with anxiety and fear for years (and YEARS) and I’m ready to tackle it! This books was suggested to me and it’s high on my list
- Sheet Music– a friend suggested this book to Matt and I and we are really excited to read it. It’s about intimacy in marriage. Hey, we are all for learning new ways to keep our marriage exciting! 😉
Please let me know if you have any other questions about these books or if you have some to suggest as well. You can shop these books by clicking the highlighted links or below. Thanks for stopping by!