Is it with a hot bath, a glass of wine or a good book/magazine? Do you pray, have some quiet and alone time, or are you cuddling up with your hubby and kids in bed? I want to know what you do to RELAX!
This last week has been a whirlwind with my older kids coming back from being gone for two weeks with their dad, and then starting school. And Hudson is turning 3 TOMORROW!!! AHHHH! Along with all of that, this last week I’ve had some upper back pain under my rib cage, I think I pulled something working out. But to add to it, I had horrible chest pain all night last night and I can’t tell if it’s from anxiety or maybe something I pulled in my back? All I know is I needed some rest in a big way. So as soon as Matt got home and talked me out of calling 911 and rushing off to the ER, I took an epsom salt bath. I couldn’t justify a glass of wine since I still don’t know exactly what’s wrong with me, so I settled for a nice warm bath. Boy did it help! I still had some back and chest pain but at least while I was in the water I was relaxed. I haven’t done this in so long, I forgot what it’s like to take a bath and how incredibly soothing it is.
SO… This gave me the inspiration for this post! I find tips like this so helpful and I hope you do too! Here a few other things I do to relax (when I don’t have back and chest pain! 😉 ) :
- A nice glass of wine (duh I know) but a nice good glass of red wine in the evening while I’m cooking helps me unwind from the day in a big way
- Hot herbal tea. We love the sleepy time tea and our kids do too! SCORE! They have a peach flavor that’s really yummy
- A foot rub from Matt (when I’m lucky!) He use to give me back rubs and foot massages ALL of the time when we were first dating and just married… now with teenagers and a toddler, it’s not as often but I soak up every minute when I can get one. Austin (my 14 yr old) also spoils me with foots rubs and back tickles from time to time too, lucky mom I know!
- An evening walk
- A good book or devotional
- Catching up on a style magazine (one of my favorite things to do with a glass of wine!)
- Changing into comfy clothes. The first thing I do when I get home is take my bra off and put on some comfy clothes!
- A quick work out. I always feel better after a good sweat sesh!
- Light a candle. Every single night when I would get one from work I would light a candle. Austin would end up blowing them out and playing with the wax, BUT, a lit candle is so calming to me
- ….and of course… getting some online shopping done (if I need to). I’m currently redecorating/adding decor to our home so that’s my focus right now
So I would LOVE to get some more ideas and hear what you do to relax! Let me know here or on Instagram!