Well, here we are, another summer down on the books and the kids are back at school. Austin is a junior, EllaBleu is a sophomore, Grayson is in 8th grade and Hudson Bear is a big kindergartner!! I’m dying typing this! And actually I thought I was going to cry all day Hudsons first day (ok, the first week, lez be honest!) but Hudson nor I shed one tear! I’m sad and dying inside but I also I know he’s ready and he’s got this. Also, as per usual, the first week went so smooth and we were up and out of the house on time every day…. until today. I woke up dragging and had to have Matt take him. Thank God he was on time and thank God I did not have to get out of the car because heaven forbid someone sees me in my pj’s already, we need at least a couple weeks before that’s allowed 😉
Austin is enjoying kickboxing and is currently looking for a job. Although he’s not looking that hard haha! He’s 17 and it’s time….boy is it time! He’s getting a little more serious about going into the military after high school but I’m not sold on that. I’m not sure any mom really wants their child in the military, but I will support him in whatever he chooses. I certainly want all of our kids to go to college but I also know that it’s not for everyone. I have always told my kids, be happy with your job/career and it won’t necessarily feel like a “job”. I know there’s a lot of controversy on this topic and not everyone agrees with me or they think I should encourage my kids to go to college, but I encourage them to further their education in whatever their passionate about, and that might not be something they learn at a University or even community college. Anyway, with him being in his junior year, it’s time we come up with a plan either way! Also, que the tears because this is much harder for me than Hudson starting Kindergarten!
EllaBleu is back into the swing of things with volleyball and I’m excited watch her back on the court! She’s fiercely loyal to herself and her team, but at the same time I see the struggle with these girls and their identity. Not everyone is team player alll the time and it hurts my heart to watch and hear about these girls gossip about each other instead of supporting and cheering each other on. I pray for strength and confidence in all of these young ladies! Being a teenager is tough. Ella has also been such a lover of fashion and I love watching her try new styles and have the confidence to be herself and express herself that way, I just LOVE it! When she was in 2nd grade she always put together the cutest (and wildest) outfits and I remember her teachers always noticing it and loving it. I’m so glad God gave me a daughter!
Grayson broke his hand at a bike park while we were in Breckenridge this summer so he has had a late start to mountain bike club, but he starts Monday! He’s kind of a natural at riding (bikes, quads, mountain bikes, dirt bikes, scooters, you name it) so we think he’ll (hopefully) get back up to speed quickly. He’s currently loving his longer hair style and his Champion brand school clothes. He likes to shop and has good taste and I’m so glad I can take him to the mall and he doesn’t hound me to leave with in 2 minutes, haha! Seriously I got so blessed with this bonus kid!
And of course Hudson Bear. He’s a big kindergartner and full of confidence. He turns 6 on Sunday and I can’t even believe it. We got him a dirt bike for his birthday and gave it to him early last weekend so he could get some practice in before his party. He’s already (slowly!) going over the jumps we have built in the back yard. It’s incredible to see how far he’s come with only riding it a total of 4 days! Matt said if he keeps it up he’ll be ready to race with in a few months! WHAT?!! I’m half excited and half scared for that! I wasn’t expecting all of this to happen so fast! … and why do I always use soooo many exclamation points!!! I’M NOT YELLING, YOU’RE YELLING!!!! 🙂
Matt and I are getting back to church a little more regularly and boy what a difference it makes in our lives. Last week our pastor spoke about the importance of reading our bible consistently in order to really learn who God is and I’m trying to make that a priority daily. If I don’t do it first thing in the morning when everyone is still asleep, I just don’t get to it. Sometimes just reading a devotional for that day is good for me and its a small amount of info that I can actually retain, A-D-D anyone?! If you have any suggestions for a good devotional, send them my way!!
Ok, now for some other fun stuff! Here are some things I’m loving lately!
- These BOOTIES – Perfect for transitioning into fall and even winter. I love pairing them with a long skirt like this one or cropped jeans and a graphic tee or a baggy sweater. I went up 1/2 size because my feet are little wide and they’re perfect and so comfortable.
- These HEELS –I don’t wear heels as much as I use to but these are incredibly comfortable, even with a stiletto heel. Love them with a loose top like this and “boyfriend” or “mom” jeans
- This BACKPACK – totally worth the price! I brought this with us to California last month and wore it while we were bike riding. It was comfortable, super light weight and carries everything I needed. It’s perfect for traveling too!
- These BRACELETS – I first saw them on another blogger and I HAD to have them! I bought several to wear them stacked and can’t wait until they get here! I have always been an accessory junkie but the last couple years I’ve been super minimal with them. My love for over stacked wrists is back!
- These black JEANS – I have probably only owned a handful (if that) pairs of black jeans in my life! I also don’t own many black shoes but I’ve been on a black kick lately for some reason and I am LOVING black jeans and booties! These jeans are amazing! I bought my true size but they’re a little snug so if you’re in between sizes definitely go up, they have very little to no stretch. I also recently bought these and these and both are AMAZING too! I went up one size in these. I like to wear them with a simple white tee, a black tee or a graphic tee!
Shop the post below!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!