It sure has been a minute since I’ve been on here! Currently I’m laying in bed with Hudson who is a sick little boy (his temp the other night was 105!). I thought for sure it was the flu (Ella had this last weekend with the same exact symptoms) but we found out yesterday, after being at the Dr. for 2 hours, that it’s actually mono! I know your thing WTH (what the heck?!) I was too, but apparently kids this young can get it, although uncommon. Hudson has struggled with a somewhat low immune system, he has battled several food allergies, seasonal croup and also pneumonia, so I’m working on researching how to get his immune system up and strong (along with a LOT of prayer). I use to think when my kids were younger it would eventually slow down as they got older, but let me tell you, life has actually gotten so much busier! I’m thankful for the chaos but it can be exhausting.
If you follow along on my IG you may know I am going back to work one day a week starting in January and I’m so.freaking.excited! I will be at a salon in town instead of my salon at home, I do NOT like working from home because I feel like my house always has to be picked up and pulled together , I also hate that I never leave the house the days I work so I just can’t hardly wait to be around other girls and socialize! After I had Hudson I really struggled with my identity (hello PPD!), and at times I still do. I went from working full time to being a stay at home mom, which I felt so grateful for, but I also LOVED working and missed my social life immensely. I became a homebody and lost touch with so many people I love cared about, I didn’t really know who this “new” person was. I’ve tried many different things through out the years to try and help me figure where I fit in (this blog was born during one of these times), who I am now and what my new interests are. I’ve found that even though so much of my life has changed and I’ve matured and grown so much spiritually and emotionally, I’m still the same person and love a lot of the things I use to love…. and that’s ok! So for all of you mama out there, it’s ok to do things YOU love, it’s ok to work if you want to work and it’s OK to find what YOUR passionate about aside from being a mom and wife. I read Proverbs a lot and I love the end in Proverbs 31 where it talks about the wife who runs the household but also works and take care of herself. She is successful and such blessing to her husband and children. I really believe we cannot be the best mom and wife we can if we’re lost on who we are and doing things what we enjoy as well. I’ve personally struggle with guilt for most of my “mom life” because I worked so much when my older kids were young and I want to work now, but you know what, my kids have seen and watched me work hard for things we want and need. They can appreciate hard work = results, accomplishments and success. I hope my daughter learns that just because she is woman and has family someday it doesn’t mean she has to give up her passions.
Now for my 7 faves recently:
- Watching my older son grow (he’s literally almost 6ft tall!) and mature. He’s a sweet but simple guy; he doesn’t ask for much and really has some great insight, I feel like he has an old soul in lot of ways. He is passionate about our country and the men and women who serve, and is really into kickboxing right now and I love watching him explore the things he is passionate about.
- Watching Milo grow and become a part of our dog family! Molly hated his guts for the first 2 months but now I think they’re married. They kiss and play ALL the time
- Decorating for Christmas! I started so early this year because last year we were renovating and I didn’t get to decorate at all, so I’m making up for it this year!
- Taking it easy. I work out for my mental health more than anything, but I can also get caught up into my physique and I found that I was almost obsessing over it, like I was worried if I didn’t work out 5 days a week I would gain weight and be miserable. I’ve been working out maybe 2-3 times a week instead and still feel really good.
- Taking a break from social media…. ok, not really a BREAK, but maybe a rest? I hardly ever get on FB because I actually don’t like it, but I also haven’t been spending too much time on IG (it’s such a time sucker!) because A. I’ve been crazy busy and B. I don’t have a ton of time to create a lot of content right now. I still love IG and my blog for creative outlets, but I don’t want it to consume my life and I can easily let it consume me
- Starbucks Blonde Flat White with almond milk and one scoop of vanilla bean powder…. I get one at least 3x’S a week, and I think it’s becoming a problem!
- American Eagle. Yes, the store! I first found this store in Chicago in high school, there was not any stores in AZ and I instantly fell in love with their clothes. (And I also loved that no one else at school would have any of the stuff I found) Now that I don’t care who copies me (thank God I’m not 15 anymore!) I want to shout it out! I just got these jeans in the mail and I am SO obsessed! They fit true to size but the waist feels pretty stretchy so I ordered a size down in case they stretch too much, but since my butt and especially my legs are so much larger than anything else on my body, the smaller size may be way too tight to leave the house, haha! I also love this sweater, this graphic tee and this cozy pullover.
I’m also loving dresses with boots, tunics, and leather leggings! I love love love dresses with tall boots, I have found some super affordable dresses and tunics from H&M. I also got these booties in the mail yesterday and I’m more obsessed with them then I thought possible, I waited a while to pull the plug and I’m so glad I did. They are TTS for me but some people recommended sizing up. You can shop all of my recent favorite finds below!
I hope you all have the best Thanksgiving and I’m so thankful for you and for following along here on my little tiny corner of the internet, love you guys!