Man-oh-man! What a week it’s been…. Let me just start off with I can’t even believe my kids are back in school and just like every.single.year we waited until the last minute to go supply shopping. I feel like it just crept up on us and then BAM! school started. When I finally decided I should take them shopping for supplies half the crap they needed was already gone and we were left picking through the left overs, oops! Then EllaBleu and I had some heated arguments about the $5 folders I would NOT buy and the $1 folders that weren’t good enough, ugh, teenage girls! The boys couldn’t really care less what folders they got, but man was Grayson picky about the pencils and Austin pretty much said he only needs pencils for the year (insert eye roll). Teenagers are tough guys! This was just Sunday, follow that up with 24 hours of Hudson puking and just when I thought he was good we had a major poop emergency and blow out on the side of the road (a very busy road). We had appts and dr visits, so poor Hudson had to go to the bathroom at pretty much every stop I made, let me just apologize now to the store owners and our Dr friends for the smell in your bathroom… 🙂
The kids started school on Thursday and being the great mom that I am not, I of course forgot to get pictures of my 7th, 9th, and 10th graders, ugh! Throw on top of all of that, the poor communication between Matt and I this week and I’m running into the weekend with a bottle of wine in my hand! I’m glad I can laugh all of this off at the end of the day and know my faith and trust is in Jesus so it.will.all.be.OKAY, but going through it feels like theres no end in sight, am I right or am I right?! Hudson had this week off from preschool so if he was going to be sick, this was the week to do it! He goes back Monday and is it rude to say I’m counting down the hours?? Oh! and he will be 5 on the 11th and since all of the big kids are home this weekend we’re celebrating his birthday today! But guess what, being the great mom I am not, I didn’t order his gift in time and it won’t be here for his birthday party… and the gift my dad ordered won’t be here until Monday either so there you have it, we’re all failures, haha!! I’m only kidding, it’s not a huge deal (I keep telling myself this), he will have plenty of fun stuff to open and cake to eat. Oh, and side note, as of Monday, we have 4 kids in 3 different schools… yay for us! 😉
Also, we’re getting a new doggy! I know, I’m crazy. We have 4 kids and 2 little dogs already…. but it’s time for another! I’ve wanted a bigger dog for quite some time and I’m feeling like now is the time (it’s probably not the right time but I will make time and it will be ok)!. I had to spend a lot of time convincing Matt this would work, which means it’s my dog and I will be doing EVERYTHING for it 🙂 I’m currently waiting on my precious little goldendoodle to be ready to be picked up in September (he was born on July 25th)!! EEEEK I cannot freaking wait! So far I’ve decided on Milo to be his name… do you have any other suggestions?
For those of you who don’t know me personally, I really don’t think I’m a bad mom, being sarcastic about myself and my life helps me get through the day with the ability to laugh at it all in the end. Please don’t think I hate my kids or my life or my husband…. because that’s only like 53% of the time… haha! 😉
Ok, now on to the fun stuff, here are 7 things I’ve been loving lately:
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, DUH! If you follow me no IG (where I hang out most) you know I’ve indulged a little bit on Nordstrom.com. The sale this year is not as good as previous years (in my opinion) but I’m ok with it! I spent less money and time on s$*t I don’t need 🙂
- This dress– I think I wear it too much but its easy, flowy and cute, whats not to love?! I usually wear it with this bralette.
- These sunnies– I’ve wanted a pair of round glasses for a long time but I needed larger frames (but not too large). I found these on sale and I’m also wanting these gold ones sooo bad!
- BBG– I have a lot of people asking what the heck is BBG… it stands for Bikini Body Guide (with Kayla Itsines). It’s a fitness program where each workout is 28 min long and I can do it right from home! I’m currently on week 9 and I love it. I’ve noticed muscle growth and definition and I love the simplicity of not needing much equipment. I did a different work out on the app the other day and I hurt my back so I think I will be sticking with the main guide until I build up a little more strength for the harder programs (there are multiple ones to choose from with in the app). The app is called SWEAT. Also, we live about 20-30 min from town so working out at home is most convenient for me, although I still take some Barre and Hot Yoga classes occasionally.
- These sneakers– I want them soooo bad but can’t justify it! I bought a cute Nike pair from the Nordstrom sale (they’re sold out) and I’m obsessed with them too, but I’m so in love with the color of these.
- This blanket– I also found it at the Nordstrom sale and its sooooo cozy! I love the big knit style and it’s on sale for 1 more day!
- This necklace– I love love love layering necklaces and this one is a must have. It’s actually 3 separate necklaces so you can mix and match with other ones you love!
I hope you all have a blessed Sunday and thanks so much for stopping by!