I always knew the day would come when my kids would grow up, but I didn’t think I would feel the affects of it this early! Several weeks ago we were touring a high school for my son Austin and it really hit me, my little boy is growing up. The other day my baby girl turned 13 and now I have 2 teenagers in the house…. SAY WHAT?! It seems like yesterday they were 3 and 5 and I was just figuring out how to survive with my two kids and full time job(s).
It’s been so amazing watching Hudson grow up and savoring every moment because I know how fast it goes, but I can’t help but have that mom guilt hanging over me because I didn’t hang on to every second with Austin and Ella. It’s funny how life works some times and the lessons we least expect to learn teach us the most.
We spent some time in Tucson this last week and weekend and it was the first time Austin wasn’t with us. EllaBleu and Grayson had a great time hanging out and bonding (Gray hangs out with Austin 24/7 for the most part) and they played with Hudson in the pool for hours, it was so much fun! But every night at dinner we talked about how much we missed Austin. On our way home we were suppose to pick him up but he decided he wanted to stay with his dad again this week, then EllaBleu decided she wanted to go with them, it was a hard pill to swallow. For so many years their dad and I have had the same schedule and rarely would we deviate from it, but as the kids get older it often changes and I expect it will more and more. Let me tell you, sharing my kids is NOT easy and blended families sure has it’s challenges.
As we’re inching closer to our family vacation, I‘m hoping and praying that I can keep it all together and save my emotional break down for AFTER we get back!
I believe when we’re living in gratitude it allows God to work miracles in our lives even more,
so in the midst of all the chaos, here are a few things I’m finding myself grateful for lately:
1. God’s continued mercy, grace and peace over my life
2. My husbands amazing hard work and dedication to our family and for putting up with my crazy ever changing ideas ( and for hardly ever telling me no 😉 )
3. Austin’s (sometimes sick) sense of humor and his willingness to admit when he is wrong, even when it’s really hard to do
4. EllaBleu’s sweet soul and caring nature, she has so much love to give
5. High waisted denim
6. Grayson’s passion for life and trying new things like building a go kart with money he’s earned working outside this summer
7. Hudson’s silly personality (he thinks our female dog Molly “got her weiner cut off”! hahaha!)
I know that’s really more than 7 but hey, I can’t help it! I hope you all have an amazing Sunday and that you can find a few things to be grateful for today 🙂