Ok. Every single week I tell myself I will have a post up by Wednesday and a Sunday Seven post ready to publish come Sunday… and then every single week I FAIL! #momlife again! I know there’s some women out there who can juggle 17 kids, a career and a marriage, but I can barely handle myself, much less four kids, 2 dogs and a husband, which means managing a small business and a blog is practically impossible, but I still try. I’m really tired just talking about it. This week we were met with many many challenges. Monday, Ella and I drove to Phoenix for a Dr appointment only to wait 15 minutes and reschedule for another 3 weeks out, but at least we got to shop a little! The kids had a snow day Tuesday and a 2 hour delay Wednesday and I wanted to stab my eyeballs out by Wednesday evening! Austin woke up REALLY sick Thursday which threw my workday for a major loop, and he was still sick Friday. We had a volleyball tournament today from 7am-2pm followed by a birthday party in the mountains seemingly 100 miles out of town, but hey, at least they get to sled in all the snow we still have! Tomorrow Matt and Grayson get to head to Snowbowl for the day, lucky boys! We were originally all going to go but with sleepovers and long tournaments, we’re pretty pooped. I’m excited that they get to spend the day together, I think it’s SO important for alone quality time with each individual chip if you can make it work. Ok, enough about me and my psycho life! This post was suppose to be up Wednesday and here it is Saturday, better late than never right?!
If you saw my previous post about nutrition you know that I’m kind of on a health kick… again! I go through this a few times a year where I mix things up with my work outs and push reset on the eating healthy habit button (say that 5x’s fast!) In this post I shared my attempted clean eating ideas/habits, and this week I’m talking about my top 5 favorite work outs! I’ve tried a ton of different classes, programs and gyms, and these 5 are my current top faves that I haven’t gotten sick of…. yet!
- Peloton– If you follow me on IG, check out my stories! I often post pictures of my Peloton bike. If you’re not sure what Peloton is, check out this post. I love the cardio I get from riding my bike and I feel like it’s a really good balance for my body because I also LOVE….
- CrossFit– by far one of my most favorite work out programs ever. I never leave feeling like I didn’t get a good work out, and I love how strong I feel afterwards. I never in my life thought I would be a weight lifting lover, but I really am! My body type tends to bulk up when I start to lift weights (even just from squats with no extra weights), so I really like a good balance of cardio and CrossFit. I haven’t been in a long time but I am jumping back on the wagon and going back in another week or so, I can’t wait! You can read my post on CrossFit here.
- Buti Yoga– the first time I went to a Buti Yoga class it was in Phoenix and I went to Crystal’s class. This girl can shake her booty like I’ve never seen before. Her class was so upbeat with loud, obscene music, we were shaking our hips and jiggling our booties in downward and I was HOOKED! There’s nothing quite like it. Buti Yoga is a mix of yoga, tribal dance and plyometrics, and a whole lotta asana fun! It’s full of women empowering women, shaking our stuff together judgment free. It was created by Bizzie Gold, who has more effortless energy than I’ve ever seen in a human being and it’s contagious. I’ve been lucky enough to take some her classes and she’s simply amazing at what she does. Check your local gyms and yoga studios to see if they offer Buti Yoga classes. I want to get certified to teach it someday! My friend Marci Payne teaches an AMAZING class so if you’re in the Prescott area check her out!
- Hot Yoga– another wonderful yoga class. I’m NOT a “yogi” in any shape or form, but I kind of secretly want to be. I’m not into the finger touching OHM stuff, by I love the stretches and release I get from practicing yoga, especially Hot Yoga. I have serious ADD and I get bored and distracted very easily so regular yoga is not for me. But Hot Yoga is a whole different story. I love when my muscles warm up and I can actually bend over and touch the ground with my hands (that won’t happen in a cold room!) I feel like it’s a different kind of energy in a hot yoga room. Every instructor is different and there are many different levels and classes, they’re all fantastic. Some classes/instructors move through flows quickly (I like those) for a harder workout, and some not so much, which is great too because it’s seems to be more focused on stretching and form.
- Booty Barre– I first took a Booty Barre class shortly after Hudson was born and I fell in love immediately. My buns were burning and we did some good core work. Booty Barre reminds me of ballet moves (hence the BARRE part), weight training and Pilates all mixed together. I feel a good stretch through my Booty Barre work outs and I love then way I feel after. It’s not super intense bit for some reason I am always sweating A LOT when I’m done. SCORE!
I’ve mentioned before that I exercise mostly for my mind. I struggled with a little post-partum depression after I had Hudson and as soon as I got back into a workout routine, I felt a million times better. On the days I work out, I feel so much more peaceful, less stressed and not so irritable. Dose exercising make you feel the same?! I’d love to hear your feedback on some other workout routines/classes that you enjoy 😉
You can shop my look below along with a few more of my favorite work out essentials :