Heyyyyy guys! This week has been jam packed with nonstop activities. From kids sports, birthdays and work, to trying to get 6 people packed for vacation…. I’m SO TIRED! BUT, we’re officially on the road! We packed up our motorhome and we’re heading to San Diego, hello warmer weather and I can already smell the ocean! I’m a California girl at heart and we go every chance we get. Our kids love the ocean so most of our time is spent on the beach.
I feel like I’m a pretty free spirit and don’t really have one specific style. If something catches my eye and I love it, I’ll go for it. This can be anything from boho to classic to edgy, pink and girly. Because I don’t really have one specific style, I feel like it’s been a little challenging for people to understand me here on my blog or on IG. So, if you happen to follow me on Instagram and are wondering why the heck my style is all over the map, that’s why! And, I’ve noticed that in 98.9% of the pictures I take I’m looking the same direction and my hand is always in my pocket, OOPS! 😉
Anyway, since we’ve had a tease of warmer weather, I thought it would be fun to share my top 5 favorite light weight tops for spring!
- OFF THE SHOULDER/COLD SHOULDER- Off the shoulder tops have been in style for a few seasons now and the cold shoulder craze is really unbelievable! It seems like every store I visit it’s all cold shoulder tops! I love them both but the only think I don’t like is that most tops that are suppose to be worn off both shoulders are just not practical, especially with kids! I’m constantly on the go and picking Hudson up and the sleeves just slide right up where they’re NOT suppose to be! I still love them though. This top and this top are currently on my wish list.
- CAP SLEEVE- They’re actually more rolled sleeves and I’m really loving them right now. I desperately need this one and this one!
- ONE SHOULDER- This could totally go in the off the shoulder and cold shoulder category, but my love for these tops supersedes those two so it’s on it’s own! I remember about 10 years ago when these tops were in and I LOVED it! It’s funny how sometimes I forget about old styles I use to love until they come back and then it’s a celebration! This one is on my wishlist
- LIGHTWEIGHT CARDIGANS- Even when it’s 95 million degrees out I still need something to throw on when we go inside somewhere. It’s always freezing inside when it’s hot outside, can I get a witness?! This linen lightweight cardigan the perfect to throw on over a tank or sundress.
- GRAPHIC TEES- I’ve talked about my true love for Target and that’s not changing anytime soon! They have some awesome lightweight graphic tees that are soft and oh so comfy. I just recently bought this one and I’m currently coveting this one from Anthropologie (I’ve been waiting for it to go on sale and it finally did for under $40!). These tees are perfect for spring and summer and also look really cute layered in fall.
You can shop these looks plus more below. I hope you guys gave a fabulous weekend!!